We are looking for a Senior Backend developer that will contribute to the product architecture and development. As a senior backend developer, your primary focus will be defining the architecture and implementing all server-side logic. You will also be responsible for the definition and maintenance of the databases and ensuring high performance and responsiveness of the system. Another part of the job is to be responsible for integrating other components of the system (e.g., CI/CD CLI tools reporting to the backend).
What are some of the things you do on a day-to-day basis?
- Participate in designing the backend architecture.
- Design, code, test and deploy software modules and services.
- Integrate with other teams’ components.
- Mentor team members.
- Work in a highly agile, intensely iterative software development process.
- Good understanding of modern software architectures.
- Implementation of security mechanisms and data protection.
- Work closely with the Product and Research Teams.
- Operate in a multinational team environment.
- Work in a hybrid environment (WFH+Office).
You will fit if you have:
- Work experience as a Backend developer of at least 5 years (Node, Python, Java, C#, C/C++, Golang – big advantage).
- Experience in implementing and designing large-scale systems.
- Experience in mentoring.
- Experience with SQL & NoSql DBs (Postgres, MongoDB, and Redis are advantages)
- Experience in cloud (AWS): e.g. Docker, ECS, Github, Github Actions, S3, Route53, Cloudfront.
- Development experience in Linux environments.
It would be nice if you have:
- B.Sc. or higher degree in Computer Science or other relevant field or equivalent industry experience.
- Hands-on experience developing in Golang.
At Scribe, we care a great deal about our company culture. You fit right in if:
- You care for others: you are down-to-earth, friendly, and fair.
- You are trustworthy: you honor disclosure, integrity, and commitment.
- You drive change: you make waves with courage and curiosity.
- Learning & growth mindset: you foster agility, personal growth, and trying again.
- Masters of your own craft: you take pride in thinking out of the box, excelling at whatever you do, and managing your time well.
Scribe is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity. We welcome and employ people regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.